If you have any questions or you are interested in purchasing please call us at (530) 830-1957
Add to cart will be live soon
DNA HELIX GUITARS The DNA Helix Guitars have been one of the best kept secrets in pro guitar circles for years. But the secret is out now! The Helix 22 and 24, with it’s patent pending bridge and neck fastening systems are some of the most sought after instruments for pro touring and studio guitarists nationwide. At home in either environment, they are the guitars the pros turn to when they want to deliver their absolute best to the project. Our Helix Guitars let them leave their DNA on every project they play on!
Our patent pending fastening system for the bridge is like no other. One of the true “new” innovations in the guitar world of the last 60 years.
Our bridges are counter sunk into the body giving it 5 points of contact (instead of one like the guitar you are now playing). We also in-bed brass inserts into the body and use machine screws instead of wood screws that can loosen over time and even strip out. Machine screws can be tightened far beyond that of a wood screw insuring more of the string vibration coupling with the wood giving unmatched tonal quality and sustain. We also use the same method to fasten our necks to the bodies, again giving you the ability to tighten the screws far beyond that of a wood screw. Leo Fender discovered back in the early 50’s that the tighter everything is the better the string vibration transfer is – maximizing the tone and sustain.
Another advantage of using brass inserts and machine screws to mount the neck???
You can remove the neck when you are flying so you can place the guitar in the overhead compartment giving “you” full control over your prized guitar. Upon your arrival simply replace the neck, tighten the screws, tune up and your guitar is exactly how it was.
No gimmick, no hype.
Think about it. How could it be different? The neck heel and neck pocket are a fixed size and the inserts are in a fixed position. No tricks, no gimmicks, no hype just extraordinary innovation and engineering.
DNA HELIX GUITARS
- Maple neck
- Maple or rosewood fretboard
- 22 frets
- 2-way truss rod adjustment, headstock access
- 1.69″ nut width
- Hand carved bone nut
- 10″ radius modern “C” shape
- Jascar 47095 medium jumbo fret wire
- Sperzel locking tuners (call for other options)
- Luma dot side markers
- Swamp Ash W/ book matched Swamp Ash top (call for other available wood options)
- Full arm and back contours
- Contoured heal
- Exclusive patent pending for 5-point contact inset bridge system
- Flush inset control plate
- Custom USA made brass bridge and hardware (call for other material options)
- Compensated 3-barrel saddles
- Jeff Callahan Custom Hand Wound (To DNA Specs) Pickups standard (call for options)
- Premium CRL and Emerson electronic components
- Standard strap buttons. Strap locks available (call for options)