If you have any questions or you are interested in purchasing please call us at (530) 830-1957
Add to cart will be live soon
The DNA 5 string Accelerator bass uses custom hand wound (to DNA specs) Callahan pickups that produce an incredible big, fat, deep, round bass tone, smooth mids, defined highs and all of this with a nice (on demand) throatie crystal clear sound. Tonal quality is reminiscent of a vintage Fender J bass only fatter and much cleaner.
This all comes in your 8 lbs thunder stick. It has perfect balance (no head dive). When you strap it on it stays where you place it. 1 .77″ hand carved bone nut, back of the neck is an asymmetrical a soft “C” shape that is very comfortable to play. Full 34″ scale, 24 fret fast smooth neck with fret ends that disappear when you are playing. Body is 22.2″ long, 12.6″ wide, 1.63″ thick. Rear mounted electronics. Hipshot ultralite tuning keys, a Hipshot solid brass bridge, standard strap locks and Dunlop Super Bright strings developed by Marcus Miller.
Our patent pending fastening system for the bridge is like no other. One of the true “new” innovations in the guitar world of the last 60 years.
Our bridges are counter sunk into the body giving it 5 points of contact (instead of one like the bass you are now playing). We also in-bed brass inserts into the body and use machine screws instead of wood screws that can loosen over time and even strip out. Machine screws can be tightened far beyond that of a wood screw insuring more of the string vibration coupling with the wood giving unmatched tonal quality and sustain. We also use the same method to fasten our necks to the bodies, again giving you the ability to tighten the screws far beyond that of a wood screw. Leo Fender discovered back in the early 50’s that the tighter everything is the better the string vibration transfer is – maximizing the tone and sustain.
Another advantage of using brass inserts and machine screws to mount the neck???
You can remove the neck when you are flying so you can place the bass in the overhead compartment giving “you” full control over your prized bass. Upon your arrival simply replace the neck, tighten the screws, tune up and your bass is exactly how it was.
No gimmick, no hype.
Think about it. How could it be different? The neck heel and neck pocket are a fixed size and the inserts are in a fixed position. No tricks, no gimmicks, no hype just extraordinary innovation and engineering.
DNA ACCELERATORS BASS GUITARS come standard with:
- Maple Neck
- Maple or Rosewood Finger Board
- 14″ radius – soft “C” shape
- 34” scale
- 24 frets
- Luma dot side markers
- Hand carved 1.775” bone nut
- Medium Jumbo frets
- 2-way truss rod adjustment, body access
- Swamp Ash body W/ book matched Swamp Ash top (call for wood options)
- Full arm and back contours
- Contoured heal
- Rear mounted electronics (call for wiring options)
- Flush inset control plate
- Jeff Callahan Custom Hand Wound (To DNA Specs) Pickups standard (call for options)
- Exclusive Patent Pending DNA 5-point contact inset bridge fastening system
- Dunlop Super Bright Strings (45-125) Designed by Marcus Miller
- Standard strap buttons. Strap locks available (call for options)
- Hipshot Ultralite Tuners with “Y” Keys (Chrome, call for color options)
- Hipshot solid brass bridges (Chrome, call for color options)